What do pint-sized ponies do when they’re not hard at work as the newly-named mascots of the FEI World Equestrian Games™ Tryon 2018?
We caught up with Star and Huck at their home, just a few miles down the road from TIEC, where they live with their big brother Easy.
Get to know Star!
Favorite Treat: I’m not picky, anything edible really. Sometimes even if it’s not edible, I’ll try it anyway, just to make sure.
Favorite Event: The White Party in Wellington, Florida! I was having such a good time, until I tried to go for a swim in the pool, and they told me it was off limits. Can you believe that? Who has a party by a pool if you can’t swim?!?
Describe Your Relationship with Huck: He’s my BEST friend. Let’s put it this way- if I can’t see him, I start screaming. I’m not trying to be dramatic, I just miss him that much.
Three Fun Facts:
- I’m super gullible. If someone walks into my paddock with a bucket, I’ll go check it out. Usually this ends up with me being caught and brought inside, but I just can’t stay away. What if the bucket has treats?
- If there’s chaos somewhere, I probably caused it. We’re all running in the paddock? I probably started chasing Easy or Huck. Whoops.
- I LOVE to play with the dogs at the farm! My friend Stormy and I have so much fun together.
What are you most looking forward to at WEG? The treats! *hint, hint, wink, wink* to all my fans out there!
Get to know Huck!
Favorite Treat: Paddock cakes really are my favorite. If I smell those, I’ll come running over. Well, actually I hate running. I’ll saunter over slowly.
Favorite Event: Fall Fest at TIEC! We went trick-or-treating, and everyone told me how cute I was, and some of the vendors even gave me mints for being so well behaved. It was a great night.
Describe Your Relationship with Star: I love him, he’s my baby brother and he always looks out for me. But sometimes my most peaceful moments are when he goes somewhere with Easy and I have the whole stall to myself! Don’t tell him though, I don’t want to hurt his feelings. He’s sensitive. He also can’t read, so I should be safe.
Three Fun Facts:
- I can stand still for ages. I love snoozing on the cross ties and letting everyone pamper me.
- My peak energy level is at 7am, when we go outside every morning. I like to trot around for a bit before settling into one spot to graze for the day.
- I hate going into the wash stall. I don’t mind getting bathed, but getting in there is just so hard. I hear people feel the same way about the shower.
What are you most looking forward to at WEG? Making so many new friends!
Talk to you soon, Star and Huck!
Follow along with Star and Huck on Instagram!